Look out for our WhatSpa? Approved logo on the websites and literature of potential suppliers.
Our approval system is simple and is designed to offer some vital information about the competence, attitude and professionalism of distribution companies and retailers in the hot tub sector.
WhatSpa? Approved Retailers
In order to gain approved status hot tub retailers must display proof that they have the following credentials and facilities:
- Current BISHTA Membership
- At least 1 member of staff who holds a certificate for attendance on a BISHTA recognised training course in water hygiene management.
- Proof of a spa water testing regime for showroom spas to ensure a safe environment for consumers.
- Showroom facilities with at least 2 hot tubs on display.
- Wet test facilities with a fully operational hot tub.
- Ability to offer or recommend an electrical installation service or contractor who is 16th edition qualified and Part P qualified. Download our FREE Spa Buyers Guide for more on electrical regulations for spas.
- A fully trained and accredited service technician either employed by them or available on a sub-contract basis.
WhatSpa? Approved Importers/Distributors
There are over 40 brands of spas now represented in the UK. Most hot tub manufacturers appoint a UK distributor who then appoints a network of dealers. Some importers retail directly to the public via their own retail outlets.
In order to gain approved status importers and distributors must display proof that they have the following credentials and infrastructure:
- CE Marking on all models offered for sale in the UK.
- Current BISHTA Membership.
- A mandatory technical training programme for all third party retailers who will be responsible for after-sales technical support to consumers.
- A warranty system that is underwritten by the manufacturer and/or importer to protect customers in the event that a retailer ceases to trade or discontinues spas and hot tubs from their product offering.