You are currently viewing nickclamp's page
I am the MD here at WhatSpa Magazine and spend most of my time either working on the Magazine and website or travelling throughout the UK and abroad working with hot tub manufacturers, importers and showroom based retailers. I try to get onto the blog as often as possible so feel free to drop me a question or suggestion and I'll answer it as quickly as possible. Cheers Nick
Following on from my last post, the hot tub brand that you choose is obviously critical when choosing your hot tubs to wet test and eventually buy,Ã‚Â but just as crucially, it is so important when visiting hot tub showrooms to thoroughly check the credentials of potential hot tub companies.Ã‚Â Your chosen hot tub supplier (if carefully selected) will prove to be an absolutely invaluable source of advice, tips and local aftersales support for years to come.
Like any other consumer durable, hot tubs do need service and support so it is important to choose your hot tub supplier carefully.Ã‚Â To help you in this process, we at whatspa have developed an accreditation scheme that checks the background and infrastructure of UK hot tub retailers and only approves those that meet our stringent requirements.Ã‚Â Simply look for the WhatSpa Approved 2007 Retailer logo when you visit our Find a Retailer area and also when you are out and about visiting hot tub showrooms and looking at hot tubs.Ã‚Â This will provide you with the extra peace of mind that you and your family deserve.
Happy hot tub shopping!
We will be finalising our list of WhatSpa Approved Hot Tub Manufacturers at the end of May, but in the interim, here is the list of hot tub manufacturers that we have audited so far in 2007 and awarded our What Spa Approved accreditation:
- HotSpring Spas
- Hydropool Spas
- Marquis Spas
- Spa Crest Spas
- Spaform Spas
- Sundance Spas
Today we have launched our new WhatSpa? Approved standards for 2007 so that our readers can go hot tub shopping with confidence when they see the WhatSpa? stamp of approval being displayed inÃ‚Â hot tub retail outletsÃ‚Â and on product literature and hot tub retailer websites.Ã‚Â Here is the completely objective set of criteria that a hot tub manufacturer, importer or retailer will have to meet in order toÃ‚Â become accreditedÃ‚Â and qualify to display our WhatSpa? Approved 2007 Logo:
Ã‚Â Hot Tub Manufacturers/Importers:
BISHTA (British & Irish Spa & Hot Tub Association) Membership.
- Fully CE Compliant Hot Tubs & Spare Parts.
- Mandatory technical training program for all retailers who will be responsible for service work and warranty support.
- A fully comprehensive parts and labour warranty that covers all non-consumable hot tub components and parts for a minimum of 12 months.
- A warranty support program that protects hot tub owners and offers continuity of warranty and service support in the event that their retailer ceases trading.
Hot Tub Retailers:
- BISHTA (British & Irish Spa & Hot Tub Association) Membership.
- At least 1 member of staff who holds a certificate for attendance on aÃ‚Â BISHTA recognised training course in water hygiene management.
- Proof of a spa water testing regime for showroom spas to ensure aÃ‚Â safe environment for consumers.
- A showroom or retail facility with at leastÃ‚Â 1 fully operationalÃ‚Â hot tub on display for clients to wet test.
- Ability to offer or recommend an electrical installation service orÃ‚Â contractor who is 16th edition qualified and Part P qualified. Download our FREE Spa Buyers Guide for more on electrical regulations for spas.
- A fully trained and accredited service technician either employed by them or available on a sub-contract basis.
- Facilities to accept credit card payment for addedÃ‚Â consumer protection by credit card issuers.
Look out for the WhatSpa? seal of approvalÃ‚Â before you commit to purchase for that extra peace of mind in knowing that you are buying a brand that is supported by a well-established and professional infrastructure here in the UK.
After our blog on those beautiful thatched hot tub gazebos last week, if you’re looking for something entirely more state-of-the-art to cover your hot tub the polycarbonate Spa Dome fits the bill to perfection.Ã‚Â After years of cedar hot tub gazebos it seems we now have a great range to choose from to suit all tastes.Ã‚Â Both the Spa Dome Orlando and the Spa Sunhouse can be finished in aluminium trim for that ultra modern finish and the designs are ingenious…besides being able toÃ‚Â lounge in your hot tub and gaze up at the stars despite being undercover, the Spa Dome Orlando rotates on a mounting track so that you can have the large sliding door area facing any direction you like on any given day.Ã‚Â If you are interested in the Spa Dome hot tub gazebo range contact www.poolcover-ipc.com
If youÂ own a spa or hot tub and are having a technical hitch why not challenge the experience and knowhow of our spa doctor team.Â If we don’t know the answer to your hot tub issue immediately we generally know a man (or woman) who does, so leave a comment here and we will get straight onto it for you.